We are to take the initiative in showing acceptance toward others, making them feel valued and respected.
• We unconditionally accept others without considering their external features, lifestyle, decisions, habits and so forth. (Note: acceptance is not approval.)
• We do not have the option of rejecting any person, though we may, in a culturally appropriate way, address behaviors that the Bible clearly declares as sinful.
• We are to eliminate our own dehumanizing behaviors such as threats, intimidations, power-plays and other ungodly forms of manipulation.
• We accept people-period; like Jesus, we must reject labels such as race, generation and gender as defective guides for how to treat another human being.
• We expect that accepting others in these ways may cost us dearly