Last night I preached a message that would cause all of us not to be so politically correct. I think that we have made a mistake in much of what we do in our churches and as Christians. We are more concerned about impressing those that are not believers instead of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Can you imagine what my wife would say if I spoke to her and said; “Baby, I love you but I do not want to be fanatical about you. I am for you but not whole heartedly, I am surely not against you, but I wouldn’t want anyone to think that I was overly in love with you.” That would be a terrible attitude and cause great heart ache yet that is how we refer to Jesus and our love for Him.
Check out the outline. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comment section down below.
I tell you now that we should be so openly in love with Jesus that if it meant offending someone instead of compromising our faith and love we should just do that. We can not be all things to all men. We must be all for Jesus.
There is no Neutral Ground
I Kings 18:21, Ephesians 6:12
- You can only serve one master Luke 16:13
- You must choose your friendship James 4:4
- You must choose who you will worship 1Corinthians 10:21
- Be careful of anything or anyone that would turn your heart to another god
- Solomon’s wives turned his heart to other gods
- You must decide if you are for or against Him Matthew 12:30, Luke 11:23, 2Corinthians 6:14-7:1, 1Corinthians 5:11, Amos 3:3
- We only go in one direction serving the only the true God of Heaven Matthew 4:10, Luke 9:62